Positive Tennis experience for everyone
Thorpe Bay Lawn Tennis Club Limited is committed to prioritising the wellbeing of all Children and Adults, promoting safeguarding in our Club at all times, including all programmes and events we run.
As the Club’s designated Welfare Officer, I have developed in line with the LTA policy tool kit the Club’s Safeguarding policy which can be found together with other associated documents on the Club Webpage www.tbltc.co.uk.
Further information together with the LTA fair play statements and information on how to report a concern can also be found on the Club’s notice board.
For parents with children that participate in our Club’s programme, squads and summer camps, we actively promote fair play. We would encourage all players at our Club to adhere to these values.
FAIR PLAY VALUES
· Tennis is your sport so enjoy it. Love the game.
· Be a good sport when you win, lose and watch matches.
· Be a role model and set a good example of the behaviour you expect from others.
· Let’s create a safe, fun and fair tennis environment.
· Tennis is a game for everyone. Respect other players, parents and officials.
· Take responsibility for your actions.
· Learn and follow the rules and the Fair Play values.
· Call the score and lines loudly and fairly and leave it to the officials to resolve problems.
Should the coaching team feel that players are not following these principles they will talk to the player, if the behaviour continues then parents (for players under 18) will be telephoned to discuss this. Should this fail to address the behaviour this will be escalated to me as Welfare Officer to consider and finally to a member of the General Appeal Committee (Club Chairman, and Men’s and Ladies’ Captains) for consideration.
As your Club’s Welfare Officer if you ever have any concerns or wish to discuss any issues please do not hesitate to contact me on 07875629278 or a member of the General Committee or the Head Coach.
Welfare Officer/Junior Chairman